Terms and Conditions
Health & Safety Guidelines
Children must be attended to at all times by their parents/guardians.
It is best to avoid certain products if you are pregnant including, but not limited to, wine and raw-milk cheese.
Bees and other pollinators may be present, do not get close to beehives unless accompanied by the host.
Terrain is uneven and rugged. Wear sturdy footwear, stick to footpaths and always follow your guide during the experience.
Some items may contain sulphur, sesame, nuts, peanuts, gluten wheat and lactose. Ask the guide if you are in doubt.
Do not pick/harvest any product without permission. Brush hand over herbs only when indicated by your guide. Some flora may cause skin irritation.
The consumption of alcohol is prohibited for guests under 18. It is also not advisable to consume wine if you are currently on medicinals.
Do not touch or operate any tools or machinery without permission from the host or the guide.
Beware of protruding branches and thorns. When walking in a line, keep back at least 1 meter from the person in front of you.
Animals may be present at the venue.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in most areas except for few designated spots. Ask your host for guidance.
Keep noise levels down especially when in sensitive nature reserves or places of high ecological importance.
Please switch your mobile phones to ‘silent mode’ throughout the whole experience.
Merill Rural Network is a trade name of Entertainment.com.mt Ltd.
All rural experiences, tours and excursions are operated by Malta Rural Tours / Exclusively Malta
1. Group release. I confirm that I am hereby acting as ‘Event organiser’ and assuming full responsibility that all of the guests attending will be made aware of the ‘Health and Safety Guidelines’ prior to the commencement of the Activities.
2. Risks of Activities. I understand that participation in the activities of members within the Merill Rural Network (the “Activities”), conducted by Entertainment.com.mt Ltd. (the "Organisation") involve risks that may be greater than other common activities, including but not limited to, risks involved with being in an outdoor rural environment. I have considered the risks and I am willing to accept and assume all risks relating to my guests’ involvement with the Activities. I hereby assume all risk of injury or loss of life to myself and loss of or damage to property arising out of the participation in these Activities. I hereby release the Organisation (including its employees, officers, directors, partners, network members, agents, and successors) from liability for any injury, loss, damage, accident, delay, or expense arising out of or related to any such Activities and the guests’ participation therein.
3. Health and Safety. Understanding the risks involved, I hereby state that all of the guests are physically fit to participate in these Activities. I recognise that the Organisation is not obligated to attend to any of the guests’ medical or medication needs, and I assume all risk and responsibility therefore. If any of the guests requires medical treatment, emergency medical treatment or hospital care as a result of his/her participation in the Activities, the Organisation is released from any liability and is not responsible for the cost or quality of such treatment or care.
4. Standards of Conduct. I will be responsible for all of the guests and comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards of conduct. Although I, or any of the guests, do not expect, need or require training or instruction regarding participation in the Activities, I, together with the guests, agree to the best of our ability to comply with any rules, standards, and instructions for behaviour set forth by the Organisation.
5. Assumption of Risk and Release of Claims. Understanding the risks described above, and in consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I agree, on behalf of my family, heirs, and personal representative(s), to assume all the risks and responsibilities surrounding my and my guests’ participation in the Activities. Except as provided above, I release and indemnify the Organisation from and against any present or future claim, loss, or liability for injury to person or property that I or any of the guests may suffer, or for which I or any of the guests may be liable to any other person, as a result of participation in the Activities. Except in the event of my or my guests’ unauthorised or incidental actions, if legal proceedings are brought against the Organisation I agree to be represented as part of the Organisation to the fullest extent of the law.
6. Guests. I confirm that all guests will be made aware of their respective ‘Assumption of Risk and Release of Claims’ as described in clause no. 5.
7. The name, surname and other personal details of the lead guest will be specifically recorded upon submission. Amongst other guidelines and procedures that may be issued by the relevant authorities, these records may facilitate contact tracing should this be required.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP LEGAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.